Resources for Students:
- Osteopathic Colleges There are 26 AOA-accredited osteopathic college in the United States. Check out this page to see addresses and phone numbers for each college.
- How to become a D.O.
- Opportunities Osteopathic student doctors can search for AOA-approved internships and residency programs through the Opportunities database. Opportunities offers comprehensive information on current osteopathic post-doctoral training programs. Visit the AOA’s Match information page to lean more about the Match process.
- Osteopathic State and Regional Medical Associations Each state has an osteopathic organization that represents the interests of DOs both inside the state and at the national level inside the AOA governing structure.
- iLearn Mentor Program Visit the AOA’s iLearn Mentor mini site to find a mentor, nominate your mentor to the Mentor Hall of Fame and find mentoring resources.
- Tips, Tactics, and Truths: Making the Most of Your Osteopathic Medical Education
- (PDF 1.4K)
- 2010 Osteopathic Medical College Information Book (CIB) Now Available: AACOM’s College Information Book (CIB) is the official publication for prospective applicants, students, pre-health advisors and others interested in gaining information about or applying to the nation’s osteopathic medical colleges. This year’s CIB, for students applying for the fall of 2010, has been expanded to cover a variety of new topics, and includes updated admission requirements, tuition, fees, deposits, important deadlines and special programs at each of the nation’s osteopathic medical colleges. Order the CIB.
Links and Resources:
- SOMA — Student Osteopathic Medical Association
- COSGP — Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents
- Scholarships offered by the American Osteopathic Foundation are found here
- NCOMA’s Facebook page
- Send a friend request to the AOA’s MySpace page!
- View videos relating to osteopathic medicine on the AOA’s YouTube Channel and submit your own!
- Osteopathic Medical Students have their very own social networking site! Network or stay in contact with other students, residents, and interns at OsteoBook.
- Visit Student Resources to find other opportunities that are available to you.